So much of life is about numbers. A “fuller life” isn’t usually measured with numbers, but with love, relationships and moments. One dream of the Fuller Life Family Therapy Institute is to deepen relationships and strengthen individuals, but we also track our numbers!
Our dream became a reality when Fuller Life opened its doors in March of 2012. Now 2 years and 7 months later we are thrilled to have finally received 501c3 Status as a non-profit organization from the IRS. Here are the rest of our numbers….
- We have 2 aims: build a bridge for developing therapists and provide affordable marriage and family therapy services to our community.
- Our resident therapists have provided over 350 hours of pro-bono therapy to our partner organizations (Impact Homeless and Recovery House, Mission Year Houston, Katy Christian Ministries, and Houston Area Urban League)
- Our residents therapists have received a total of 350 hours of pro-bono clinical supervision.
- Since opening our doors in 2012, we have provided 1500 hours of counseling, marriage and family therapy hours at reduced fees to the community.
- Our Board of Directors meets 3 times annually and consists of Phil Rice, Amy Fuller, Beth Wade, Kathy Straker, Tim Parker and Jennifer Christian. Our board of directors has discussed and approved by-laws, conflict of interest policies, board of director duties, core values, an organizational chart, a resident handbook for Fuller Life, and much more.
- Our clinical team began with Dr. Amy Fuller serving as volunteer Clinical Director and supervisor and two clinical residents: Jennifer Christian and Scott Rampy. Jennifer also serves as a volunteer Administrative Director within Fuller Life.
- Lesley Mendonca joined our clinical team in September 2013.
- Tim Parker, LMFT has been offering pro-bono supervision for Fuller Life since October 2013.
- Since March of 2012, we have continually improved and re-evaluated our security measures, pragmatic practices, training methods and clinician care. We take a team approach to client care, group supervision, marketing and practice management.
- In October 2014 we were granted 501C3 status with the IRS after a 2 year long application process!
Since 2012, the Fuller Life team has rigorously sought to create and curate great online content to promote mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational well-being. As of November 20, 2014, we have:
- Received over 50,000 hits to our website
- Written 80 posts to promote mental, relational, spiritual and emotional health
- 567 subscribers to our constant contact monthly newsletter
- Tweeted 408 times with links to great online articles and resources.
- 4500 views on our Scoop It Pages
- 425 Likes on our Facebook page
- A company page on Linked In, Google+, and Yelp.
- Listed #30 on the list of the best 100 websites for Marriage and Family Therapy.
The last 2 and a half years have brought both blessings and challenges and we are so grateful to our referral partners, community partners, volunteers and board members for their continued support and efforts.
Here are some ways you can partner with us:
- Like us on Facebook
- Join our email list for the newest newsletters, updates and posts.
- Gift our non-profit with a tax-deductible donation. (100% of donated funds directly support therapist training and/or reduced fee therapy services).
- Invite one of us to speak at your next event.
- Offer your time or skill as a volunteer. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you know someone looking for therapy, refer them to us!
- If you love our posts, share them with your friends on facebook and twitter!
- Sponsor a family for counseling with a donation
- Subscribe to our blog feed.
- Connect with our staff on Linked In.
Clinical Director at Fuller Life Family Therapy Institute